Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My husband just left due to financial reasons and while we…

Customer Question
My husband just left due...
My husband just left due to financial reasons and while we love each other this is something we had to do. I want him to come home and I want some idea's how I can get him to realize that things were not that bad and they can get better if you give it more then a few weeks.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
7/8/2009
Counselor: KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert replied 9 years ago
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert

HiCustomer

-Did you separate or did he decide to leave to save money?

-What makes him think he cannot come back home?

-Are there children involved also?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Hi KimberlyF,

He went back to Regina so he could get an old job back so we could try and save money. From what I understand he thinks he cannot come back because too many people are going to be mad at him for leaving, and becuase he is scared that his two kids, 20 year old son and 18 year old daughter, are going to be mad at him agian. They have been making him feel guilty for leaving in the first place.

We have been married for just about 2 years. We moved to Calgary on June 10th and he left on the 7th of July.

We needed to keep the plates on our car active and he was not happy about not getting phone calls about jobs right away. He was very fusterated and I know he missed his kids and wanted to see them.

I just feel like he is trying to find a reason to push me away and I don't know what to do. I've been trying to talk to him and keep our lines of communication open so we know what the other is doing and how things are going and I just don't know how long I should let this go on before I say it has to change.

What should I do? We don't have any money for me to go and see him. I miss him more and more with every moment that goes by.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.