Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

when i get my paycheck do my spouse owns half if i buy a…

Customer Question
when i get my paycheck...
when i get my paycheck do my spouse owns half?
if i buy a boombox! do my spouse owns half?
if i buy a laptop do my spouse owns half?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
7/2/2009
Counselor: Cher, Relationship Enthusiast replied 9 years ago
Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast

When you get your paycheck, it's yours, but most married couples do put their salaries together in a joint bank account, to pay household expenses.

Married couples do each own half of everything in the home, bought together, but if you buy something for yourself and do not want to share it with your spouse, that's your choice.

If you can supply more details about a specific incident or situation that happened between you and your spouse, I will try to help further.

Cher
we do not have a joint account. but she always this is the law in philadelphia! i must give her 300.00 every paycheck! if i don't i am breaking the law!
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

There is no law that says you must give your wife a certain amount from your paycheck, if you are currently married.

Cher
Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast