How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 21332
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

marriage abuse by my husband

This answer was rated:

i nave been married almost 41 years to the same cruel man. i have been bedridden 6 years with chronic progressive multiple schlrosis about 29 years. i am a disabled RN and my husband has been mean to me mainly verbally but also physically the last 11 years. you have any idears for myself some relief from my cruel [email protected]

I'm sorry to hear you have had to endure these problems over all these years.

You should have other people in your home to help you, like a visiting nurse, housekeeper, etc., and your husband should no longer live there. You may consider separating from him and/or divorcing him.

If you have other family members, like children, siblings, cousins, etc., and/or friends you can call and ask for help in removing him from the house, definitely ask for help. You also might choose to pursue legal action against him, if he's been abusing you emotionally and physically.

If you haven't shared this situation/problem with anyone in your family or with your friends, you need to do that, so you can get support from the people closest to you and who care about you.

It would also be a good idea to have in-person sessions with a counselor/therapist to help you deal with the current situation you're in, in order to help you get some relief.

I wish you much good luck and hope things improve for you, soon!

Cher and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions