KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

I live with my boyfriend and he can not contribute to any of

Customer Question

I live with my boyfriend and he can not contribute to any of the bills because he has so much child support taken out of his pay. I feel he should contribute to atleast half of the house hold chores. He does somethings around the house but its a contast battle. I love him but I'm afraid this is always going to be a problem. Am I being to picky?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.
Customer

No you are not being picky or unfair you are just tired of carrying the burden by yourself and that is understandable, what he is going to have to do is find a second or even third job and take care of all of his responsibilities. That isn't too much to ask for it's not your responsibility alone to take care of all of the bills if he lives there also. He will either have to find another job on top of the one he has or go to court and see if he can have his child support lowered but I'm not a legal expert so I don't know what the stipulations are as far as that is concerned but he has to pull his weight as far as the finances go, just doing things around the house doesn't get bills paid or food on the table. You are being sensible which is something he should be doing also especially as a father of children.