How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyF Your Own Question
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 750
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
KimberlyF is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend can be alright at times then go off on one accussing

Customer Question

My boyfriend can be alright at times then go off on one accussing me of having others it can be quite nasty at times last night he threatened me down the phone but this morning when i sent him a message it was as if nothing had happened. I'm not afraid but for him i am apparently he witnessed things between his parents he has just turned 42 not seen his father since he was 15. Its affecting relationships but i will stick by him what can i do to help and what should i do when this occurs.   Thanks Jean
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.


It sounds like your boyfriend could use some help negotiating relationships and managing his feelings, and that you, as a couple, could benefit from some help too. Do you think that your boyfriend would be willing to go to couple's therapy with you if you suggested this to him?


Finding a good psychologist to work with you as a couple could help the two of you figure out how to communicate better so that you're not getting so upset with each other all the time, and also how to help your boyfriend deal with his past relationship issues enough that they don't have such an effect on his relationship with you. My guess is that the therapist would probably suggest that he meet with someone individually as well, but couple's therapy is a good place to start.

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:


-What are your ages?


-How long have you been together?


-Has he always been this way?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.