Walter
Walter, Relationship Mentor
Experience:  Mentoring couples on relationship issue and self understanding. (JA's Relationship Mentor)
997364

I have heard if a man is interested in a woman he will ask

I have heard if a man is interested in a woman he will ask her out no matter what the circumstances. Is this true? What if it could affect his carreer?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

You have heard incorrectly.....while some men will chance it all be be with a women he is attracted to not all men will do so. The reality is men are often just as afraid of rejection as a female and many will never approach the women due to the fear of rejection. Though I am assuming this is not the situation you are referring to.

While some men will go forth even when there is danger such as a spouse, conflict with a job or even ethical reasons most men will not jeopardize there own careers for a date. At the end of the day it really depends on how much he likes the women and what kind of conflict it has with his career. If it is a situation where he can replace the job easily enough then yes some men will chance it. If it is his career (Say he is your doctor or therapist and dating would be unethical and could cost them their license) then few men will chance it.

Walter