Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

My boyfriend used to beat his ex girlfriend, does that mean

My boyfriend used to beat his ex girlfriend, does that mean he will beat me too? And what should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hello Angelicangel,

If you boyfriend has a problem with controlling his anger, and you know he beat up his ex-girlfriend, it's most likely he will do this again, if/when he becomes angry with a woman, (you?) who is not as strong as he is.

People can change for the better, but if you fear this might happen to you, stop seeing him. If he has already threatened to, or has actually beat you, go to the police to report the crime and ask for a restraining order against him, so he can't come near you again.

Cher