How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyF Your Own Question
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 750
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
KimberlyF is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over the years that I have dated someone...I have been called

Resolved Question:

Over the years that I have dated someone...I have been called a liar, jerk, jackass and country boy. Most of it has stopped but I was recently called country boy. She knows that I do not like it but it does not seem to stop. Will she change or must I change?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:


-What are your ages?


-Exactly how long have you been dating?


-How long has this been happening and have you talked to her about it?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

We are mid 5 years...yes i have talked with her....When i am called a name i feel rejected and inadequate...She came from a bad marriage....i came from a good one.both spouses are deceased. My feelings are hurt when this happens and it takes me several days to recover...It happened a week ago and I cannot get it out of mind.

She says that i am too sensitive....and discounts my feelings.

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.


Unless your actions are hurting your relationship negatively you shouldn't have to change for anyone. You need to tell your mate that this is hurting you and you want it to stop. Words can hurt so much more than actions because they break the victim down little by little to where they feel like nothing after a while. It is a form a verbally abuse and your partner has to know that she is hurting you and have to change and it's up to you to know how much verbally abuse you are willing to take. She may not know that she is hurting you as much as she is. She may have had to deal with some type of abuse in her marriage and now she is doing the same to you. You are not too sensitive you are only tired of being belittled and put down.


Tell her you are fed up maybe if she knows that she could possibly lose you she will work harder to change that about herself. She has to see what she is doing wrong and want to change or it will only be broken promises. I really feel that this may stem from her past relationship experiences and they have carried over into your relationship, she may need counseling to see that this is a wrong and hurtful and get the help she needs to get to get pasted past issues.

KimberlyF and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions