How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr PG (M.D.) Your Own Question
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.),
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr PG (M.D.) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an affair for 2 years, I kept giving her money for rent

Resolved Question:

I had an affair for 2 years, I kept giving her money for rent three months afterwards, then to her landlord dierctly for a further four months (so as to not have face to face contact with her). She has sent two very nasty letters (with pictures) to my wife. She has sent at least fifty text messages in the last month, the last ones asking me to "please is it ok to call you" at 2 am then calling me. I have told her many, many times "its over", face to face, verbally and text message. What is the best way to stop further harrassment as I don't believe the constant harrassment will finish?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 8 years ago.
   You seem to be in a very difficult position. Depending on her mental state and understanding, there are various options-
- talk to her face to face and make her understand that you cannot continue the relationship and make it final.
- if she is the persistent type, then one option is to totally ignore her. Do not respond to any call or sms or acknowledge her. Slowly she might stop calling you. This will take time and patience.
- If you feel that she will not go away with above methods or you have tried them already, then you an consult a lawyer to help know what legal actions that you can take. You need not take the legal course, but you can tell her that this is what all you an do. Usually a legal threat works.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have tried the first two suggestions over the past 8 months and have tried the last one recently, none of which seems to of had any effect. What Legal course can I take and what type of lawyer could I approach?
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 8 years ago.
You can get a restraining order based on the fact that you are being harassed. A family lawyer or any general purpose lawyer can help you in this.
Dr PG (M.D.) and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions