TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I was in a five yr hellish relationship and I met and cheated

Customer Question

I was in a five yr hellish relationship and I met and cheated with the man i am with now. I saw him for several months. Then i got pregnant by the man i was cheating with and left my live in boyfriend. I stayed with the man i cheated with but i did briefly go back to my old boyfriend. The man i am with now hates my old boyfriend because of him abusing my physically. However in the heat of all of the arguments i have with the new guy.He calls me a cheater and says he will never trust me because i am a cheater. He was not seeing anyone exclusively when we began our tryst but he was seeing other women then. We have been together almost two years now and we have a one year old daughter. It has caused a great deal of issues in our relationship. I dont cheat on nor do I have the desire to cheat on him. All and all he is a really good guy but he is extremely paranoid that i am gonna cheat he doesnt like me going anywhere really even work what do i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Why did you breifly go back to your ex? Were you broken up with your current when you did?

What are your ages?

Have you considered counseling?

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am now 25 so the relationship with the first man gary was from 18 to 23 and he was my first serious relationship and i guess i was kinda attached to him in more than just the romantic sense we were more friends and companions to each other . Yeah i told the current man justin that i wanted to go back to gary when i did it he just told me no. I tried to be decent about it. It was a time of a big change in my life and i think i was a little hestitant to let gary go completely at that time since we had spent a long time together. However it didnt take long to see that the relationship was is and always will be toxic so i left him and went back to justin and have never looked back. But all of the accusations and the insecurity he feels really bothers me. He knew my situation when i met him i guess he didnt think we would have a child or be together exclusively. is he ever gonna trust me? No I have proposed counseling and he offers excuses cant afford it, its embarassing blah blah. He doesnt think we should discuss our problems with anyone else. I just want to move on from the past and better our relationship. It has been two yrs and he doesnt even say i love you to me. I mean i think he does love me but he doesnt say it. I have said it to him and sometimes he doesnt say anything and sometimes he says no u dont. How do i get closer and establish trust with him.