How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JR, M.A. Your Own Question
JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 184
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
JR, M.A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I am trying to get to grips with myself I have been se

Customer Question

Hello I am trying to get to grips with myself I have been seeing a man for one month, despite I had many doubts about him I am feeling down and cannot move on with my life. We had a disagreement and left this unresolved. I have asked after a while if he is still up for carrying on, well just if he is up for a chat, but have not received an answer. This makes me feel very frustrated and it be good just to draw the line and get a response, not having one makes my brain goes in cycles and I keep analyzing everything happened, I guess I am still waiting him to contact me but in reality I know this is not going to happen. I have a lot of pressure at work and finding it hard to cope. I started smoking again and now finding it is hard to stop now. I am thinking to seek the professional advise to put my mind at peace. Can somebody advise?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.
Hi Camilla,

It sounds like you are feeling quite conflicted about this relationship. I think that you know the relationship is not working out...that is why you are asking this question. However, you wish that things could be different and that he would be as invested as you are. The conflict is sending you around and around in your mind, and I think you already know the answer. There is no easy solution to this, but I suggest that you seek out psychotherapy with a clinical psychologist in your area. You sound like you could really benefit from getting some therapy. It makes sense that you are disappointed and it sounds like you need to work on accepting the reality you are faced with in this relationship.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.