Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Recently my girlfriend of two years have broken up because

Customer Question
I put myself in a...
Recently my girlfriend of two years have broken up because I put myself in a bad situation with another woman. She found out from her friend who was trying to get with me the whole time, and had said that she would do anything to break us up, to the girl that I supposedly hooked up with. Eventually I got to say my side of everything and explained to her what happened. She said she wanted space to see what things were like for herself, and we agreed that she would let me know when in fact she would talk to me again. I got so scared and frustrated that she would never want to try again on our relationship, so I kind of didn't give her all the space she wanted. And I think now that by doing that she is moving on. I truly love the girl, and because of my insecurities within myself I couldn't tell her what happened earlier when I was in that situation. What do I do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
11/4/2008
Counselor: Ms Chase, Life Coach replied 9 years ago
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Hello Jeaton

Do you live together?

What are your ages?

How long did her 'space' last?

How do you know she is moving on?

Chase
No, we were in a serious relationship of two years, and are in college. I am a senior thats graduating this december, and she is also a senior but has another year of school. I am 23 years old, and she is 21 years old. The space was about 3 or 4 weeks, but it was so difficult because its a small campus and we always saw each other. After seeing her out at the bar last Saturday, and seeing her let a guy be all on her and doing whatever with her I feel that she is moving on. I know that she is throwing it in my face because she knows I care, and that it will get a rise out of me. But if I didn't show that I cared it would have made her feel as though well if he doesn't care then I don't.

I basically slept at her house from day one of meeting her, and it was like we lived together because we had stuff at each others houses, but we never actually had a house with each other.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

I have talked to her in person after it all happened, and we agreed to let her have space, but I dont think I did a good job of giving her space. By being at the bar everytime she was made it look like i wasnt giving her space, I just couldnt pull it together and leave her alone as far as talking to her. Her friends were always in her ear about me being everywhere she was and it just made it look like I was stalking her. I dont know what to do anymore, I really think she has moved on just because I didnt give her space, but in all honesty it was so hard to watch a person that you love and care about be hit on, and be groped up on.

Ms Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach