Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My boyfriend is 12 years younger than me. He is 24, Im 36.

Customer Question
My boyfriend is 12 years...
My boyfriend is 12 years younger than me. He is 24, I'm 36. I have a 14 year old daughter.   We have been living together for over a year and dating for over 2 years. He just started working a new job in the evenings and recording another album during the day (he's a musician) while I'm working. the problem is he won't help around the house. He shaved and didn't clean up the hair left behind for over a week. He leaves his clothes and shoes all around the house. Last week he agreed to take care of the laundry duties only to not complete that task by not putting the clothes away or finishing the loads. I'm hurt and frustrated and I feel like I'm raising someone else's child.    We are both feeling resentful. My daughter says we argue a lot and we never used to. I just don't know how to not feel like he doesn't care and how I can get him to see how important it is for him to contribute not just financially. Last week he gave me $500 when I complained about the house work.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
10/20/2008
Counselor: KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert replied 9 years ago
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Did he have his own place before moving in with you? If so, how did he keep his place?

-Has he been this way the whole year?

-How does he and your daughter get along?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.