Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Im having a terrible time at the moment....My husband says

Customer Question
that im getting in the...
Im having a terrible time at the moment....My husband says that im getting in the way of him finding enlightenment...I try to be there for him through everything...I ask him what he needs so i can try to get it for him...the problem is he doesn't listen to anybody..until he hears what he wants to hear...he wants to throw a marriage away because he wants to learn to heal people and fly...as he calls it...How do i get through to him that enlightenment is on the inside and he doesn't have to throw a family away to get it?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
10/17/2008
Counselor: Ms Chase, Life Coach replied 9 years ago
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
How long have you been married?

What are your ages?

can you explain more about enlightenment, healing people and flying?

How are you in the way?

Do you have children?

Chase
We have been married 4 years....he is 31 and im 28...He reads this stuff about spiritual Healing and he reads these books The mind of the soul Gary Zukav and Meditation & Dreamwork by Tara Ward...I keep asking him how I am in the way...which i guess i tell him you will never be able to fly that isn't possible...I have 2 children a 2 and 1 year old...
He believes that people that are enlightened as he calls it get to a point where they can fly and heal people and because im not into that he believes im in the way.....I feel alot of resentment for him just casually bringing up divorce all the time and then telling our marriage counsellor that we aren't getting divorced Im just confused and i don't know what to do to help him understand that enlightenment comes from with in...and he believes there is more to just that..Here is a website that he recently watched that he wants to become...http://www.munay-ki.org/index.html

thank you for that additional info. In the 4 years that you've been married, when did this start? Does he work? How is the relationship otherwise? How did he become aware of this? What was his religion before this?

Chase
It started really seriously happening about 2 years ago..when he went to go to a herbalogist...which was fine but the guy was into more than just herbs...my husband is an ex hutterite so when we moved in together he started coming with me to a Evangelist church and then he wanted to try a whole different kinds of religions..and found he liked the serenity of the buddist monks..He works on the rigs so i get to see him only about a week out of the month..not exactly a great job for bonding with a spouse but i tolerate it until we move back to the city...The relationship otherwise than that is good..he is a great father and we can do and enjoy things together if it doesn't involve spirituality..Do you have any good connections to any spiritual counsellors?
There are two things that it's very difficult to judge or change someone about, and thats sexuality and spirituality. If he is searching, there may not be anything you can do about it. It can be debilitating to a relationship when one of the partners is searching for something. I don't know if he feels he is missing something in his life, or he is just seeking a meaning to life itself. Because he doesn't lack a spiritual base (that I know of) he is continually searching. I don't think that he will stop looking and going through these changes unless he finds a base that he can grow from. It would be nice if the two of you could find a common ground/religion that you could both invest in, grow with and learn from. I don't have any connections to any spiritual counselors, and I'm wary of telling you to look in the phone book or anything as there are so many cons out there right now. You could check out the churches in your area and meet a few of the reverends/priests/ministers and see if someone has any good suggestions or thoughts, or even if you just meet someone you feel a connection to. If you give me your city/state, I can ask the other experts if they have any suggestions, but also, I would need to know what kind of spiritual counselor?

Chase
I live around Medicine Hat/ Lethbridge area, AB in Canada...The kind of spiritual counsellor he is looking for is something like a shaman..(Indian Healer)...someone who can align his shakras and help him discover himself...he feels he doesn't have a heart to be able to feel emotions...which i think basically comes from his heritage since they are taught at a young age to work and not talk about problems and bury everything that bothers you...but for some reason a guy of his age doesn't want to acknowledge what illusion is...He wants to fly like chris angel and David Copperfield...and I go speechless cause i know it is an illusion but i can't prove that myself.....but yes if you can find me someone that we can email and get a response from that would be excellent...or if you can give us some leads around home that would be great as well...im kinda fubarbed...I found 2 people around town so if yours matches mine that at least i know im heading in the right direction...Thanks for any help you can give me..
I found<a href="http://www.spiritualemergence.net/pages/directory.html" target="_blank"> a list </a>of a few in Canada, but I'm not very familiar with the area, so you may want to look it over and see what's good near you. I found a woman "shaman", but her page is covered with prices for this and prices for that....a true shaman would not put price information out there like that to the public. I wouldn't deal with her if she is one of the people on your list. You could also contact any native communities near you and see if they have anyone who offers services dealing with shakras. There are sooooo many shameful people out there who call themselves shamans but are only looking for money.<br /><br />Of course he has a heart, he just doesn't know how to express it. It makes me think he needs to talk to a real psychologist and not a shaman. I saw this one near you<br /><br /><strong>Brad Hagen, C.C.C., Provisional Psychologist, Ph.D. (Nsg.)</strong> <br /><strong><em>Lethbridge</em></strong> <br />Currently an Associate Professor, in the School of Health Sciences, at the University of Lethbridge. Also has a private counseling practice offering a variety of counseling approaches (e.g., Gestalt, narrative, existential, humanistic, transpersonal, mindfulness) for persons with a variety of experiences, including: trauma, psychosis, spiritual growth and emergencies, out-of-body states, depersonalization and/or altered consciousness, suffering, depression, sorrow, grief and/or sadness, addictions, anxiety, health challenges, and mind/body/soul interrelations. Sliding fee scale available; covered by many insurance plans; some low-income assistance available. <br /><strong><em>403-329-2299 (confidential voice mail)</em></strong> <br /><a href="[email protected]">[email protected]</a> <br /><br />He does sound like he could be helpful and they offer low income assistance if you should need it. You can google (chris angel, hoax) and see a large amount of websites that talk about what he does, even some on how he does his tricks, like levitation, etc. <br /><br />I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more<br /><br />Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Excellent thank you so much...that is also the one that i came up with...I made an appointment to go and see him...Thanks so much for you time and help
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ms Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach