How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jazz Your Own Question
Jazz, Attorney
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Wise Old Person
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Jazz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a girlfriend, who 4 1/2 months ago moved to Indiana

Customer Question

I have a girlfriend, who 4 1/2 months ago moved to Indiana from Maryland, I don't feel like things are going to work out between us, and would like to rid myself of her. She seems to be totally helpless, with no where else to go in Indiana. She got herself into a little bit of trouble in Maryland before leaving to come to Indiana, she and another woman cashed a stolen check made out to my girlfriend using her maiden name. We are going back to Maryland in November so that she may appear for a preliminary hearing on the case. Is it possible that she may have to post bail at that time? I was looking at her incarceration as an out. But if she doesn't go to jail right away, she has family there, what kind of liability am I looking at if I was to ditch her and her two kids with her parents in Maryland? She has a legal mailing address here at my residence. I think she would be willing to leave me if I asked her but she has no one to turn to here.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jazz replied 8 years ago.
I think that your question is more of a relationship question than a legal question. I am going to transfer your question to our relationships experts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't want to patch things up between us, I just want to know if I can be held legally responsible for anything?
Expert:  Jazz replied 8 years ago.
No, you can't.
Jazz, Attorney
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience: Wise Old Person
Jazz and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just so that I understand, so there are no legal ramifications that I could suffer?
Expert:  Jazz replied 8 years ago.
You're not in any way responsible for her. She's very needy, and you're nice. You need to let go. That's why I transferred this question to relationships.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Jazz replied 8 years ago.
You're welcome. I hope things work out for you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Do I still owe you money for the answer? I guess I am not getting the gist of this. I thought I had paid for this answer already, and the rest was just follow up? If its not follow up, sorry for having owed you for so long.

Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

When you clicked 'Accept' on October 16, 2008, the deposit you placed, went toward compensating the Expert who helped you. You may have received an email notification because the Expert sent you follow-up Answers, and the system may recognize that not all the Answers were 'accepted'. Follow-ups are usually free of charge.

I hope your situation has improved since you last wrote and everything worked out well for you.

I'm sending this as an 'Information Request', because it's information about how the site works, not an answer to a Relationship question, however, if I can help you with any additional Relationship questions, now, or in the future, please let me know.


Related Relationship Questions