Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Hello, my ex girfriend and i were planning on getting engaged

Customer Question
Hello, my ex girfriend...
Hello, my ex girfriend and i were planning on getting engaged this fall, however we split earlier this spring and i have met a couple different ladies but they do not intrest me. I cant seem to get over her as i had my heart set on her, but she has found a new boyfriend now. How is it possible for me to win her back before its to late?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
9/10/2008
Counselor: KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert replied 9 years ago
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-Why did you break up?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

I am 31 she is 24. we started with some time off, she wanted a break. she wanted to find herself is what she told me. the man she is with is only 22 and still in college. I am still very close with her family and they still think highly of me. I really would like to win her back as i still have my heart set for her. she is the one last year that told me i needed to ask her something by thanksgiving of this year, even though i had planned on it even before she told me that.

Customer

I think she asked for the break because she might have gotten tired of waiting for you to ask the question and felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere. Maybe you should have told her of your intention and maybe it would have made her want to stay. You really need to have a heart to heart with her and tell her how you thought you would spend the rest of your life with her, she won't know how you feel if you do not tell her, you need to be more open about your feelings for her it may have been the issue with her that she didn't know where she stood with you. The fact that she has to tell you that she wanted you to ask her something before Thanksgiving made her think that she would never get asked and so she didn't want to waste any more time.

Even though she has someone else now you need to tell her your feelings even if it is for closure because she may think it's a little too late for that now but never say never. You should ask her to lunch and talk to her, tell her you have something you want to talk to her about and that you left a lot of things unsaid when you split and this is something you need to do for yourself and see what she says to that if she is willing to meet with you then you need to put your cards on the table and be very honest and open about what you wanted out of the relationship. She may have thought you took her for granted but you have your chance to truly tell her how you feel. This may be your last resort to get her to even consider giving you another chance.

KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
KimberlyF
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert