Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Ive been dating my girlfriend for about a month now,

Customer Question
I've been dating my girlfriend...
I've been dating my girlfriend for about a month now, we really love each other and care about each other. I've never felt this way about anyone before, but she already asked me to marry her. I really do love her, do you think it's too soon? How long should i wait before i decide to marry her?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
8/9/2008
Counselor: KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert replied 9 years ago
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What are your ages?

-What was your reply to her asking you to marry her?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Reply to KimberlyF's Post: She is 19 and i am 20. When she asked her i did'nt say no but i did'nt say yes either. The situation is like this, we met Jun 17th 2008 but we did'nt start dating until July 2008, I know she really loves me and cares about me, but other people have be telling me that it's too soon, i just dont to ruin our relationship by moving too fast.
Customer

I believe it is too soon a month is not long enough to know someone before making such a life changing decision but the final decision is yours to make but make sure you both aren't moving too fast, get to know each other much better and then maybe later down the line you can talk about marriage again. Or if you do decide to say yes or propose to her then make it a long engagement this way you both give each other a chance to get to know each other (likes, dislikes, habit both good and bad). There is nothing wrong with a long engagement to make sure.

Talk to her about your concerns about moving to fast and losing the relationship. She will appreciate you let your feelings be known. If she truly loves you she will wait for you both to be ready to get married.

KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
KimberlyF
KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert