Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

SHOULD I GET MARRIED TO A PERSON WHO MAKES VERB COMMENTS

Customer Question

HE SAYS HE LOVES ME , HE MAKES VERBAL COMMENTS AT TIMES AND WHEN I ASK HIM ABOUT IT HE DENYS IT. BUT HE IS A CARING PERSON WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

What kind of comments?

How long have you been together?

What are your ages?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HOPELESS,WORTHLESS,ABOUT 8 YEARS ALL I CAN SAY IS MY AGE IS 49, HE IS 10 YEARS OLDER THAN ME
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
WAITING FOR RESPONSE
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Why does he make those types of comments if he claims to love you. Do you feel that you are hopeless or worthless? Someone that loves you should not be speaking to you like this. Those are very strong words. How is he able to deny something he said? Is he saying he didn't say it, or is he saying he didn't mean it? Why do you think he is saying it?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HE SAYS HE DIDN'T SAY IT.WHEN IT COMES TO ME HEALTH HE IS CONCERNED, HE ALWAYS GOES WITH ME TO THE DOCTORS, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

You have to balance out how you feel with how he treats you. People can say a lot of things, some of them good and some of them bad, but you also have to look at how they treat you. If they say they love you, do they treat you like they love you? You say that he goes with you to the doctor, you want to also ask yourself, does he listen to you, does he treat you like he loves you, does he care about what you think or how you feel? You've been with him a long time, so you should have some kind of idea about how he's treating you and how he feels about you. The name calling is bad, and he should stop, but you have to look at everything else as well and make a decision based on that. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
YES HE LISTENS TO ME. HE HAS HIS OPINIONS WHEN WE HAVE A CONVERSATION, HE ALWAYS ASKS ME HOW I FEEL.I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN HE DENYS THE VERBAL COMMENTS THAT HE MAKES, BUT I ALWAYS LOSE IN THAT ARGUMENT, SO I JUST IGNORE IT NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

If you hear him say these things then there is no argument. There's nothing wrong with having different opinions, but ignoring the things he's saying is not going to make them stop or go away. Think about the things you like about him and the things you don't like and balance them out. If you love him and want to marry him, then that's your decision, no one can tell you it's not the right one, jus tbe sure that he makes you happy and that you want to be with him for the rest of your life.

chase

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello, did you have any other questions for me?

Chase