Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

My name is XXXXX XXXXX girlfriend and I just concieved ...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX girlfriend and I just concieved a child. She is currently legally seperated and in the middle of a custody battle and a divorce in the state of Michigan. What steps can I take so that her and I can be together through the pregnancy and birth of our child? I am in the US Navy and I am stationed in Hawaii. She concieved while I was home on leave. She also has a child through her soon to be ex husband. Is there anything that can be done so that her and I can be together through this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hi Razor,

to continue out conversation, if she had reported the abuse, she might have a stronger legal leg to stand on regarding custody. As it stands, the custody decision is going to be in the hands of the court. and they will also make the decision of whether or not she will be able to leave the state with the child. She will have to petition the court, once the custody decision is made, and the judge will decide in the best interest of the child. This is where reports of physical abuse would be helpful, and even then, they would want to know if he had every been abusive to the child. Let me know if you have any other questions

Chase