How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ms Chase Your Own Question
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Ms Chase is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is their other way to handle my husband with out a divorce.

Resolved Question:

Is their other way to handle my husband with out a divorce. Then I would never know what is going on with my son being like his dad. My father-in law is very controling and that is how he wants to be. My mother-in law just put up with it. They treats us like kids and not has adult. Do you have any idea how to handle these people?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.


Divorce is not your only option, counseling is an option, but as you said, your husband is not willing to be honest. You can't change people, people have to be willing to change themselves. If they are not willing to change, you either disassociate yourself from them or learn how to deal with it somehow. If you put your foot down and balk against him in these controlling situations, basically letting him know that you are not going to do things his way all the time and see what happens. I'm not sure what you mean by you would never know whats going on with your son.....if your son is with you most of the time and is visiting his dad, he will still pick up bad habits, but you will be a bigger influence and if he's not living with his dad, he'll be less of an influence. You just have to decide what you can and cannot live with. Let me know if you want to talk more


Ms Chase and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions