TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I am currently in the midst of planning our wedding for ...

Customer Question

I am currently in the midst of planning our wedding for august until plans have just come to a halt. My finace has said to me he will not marry me the way I look right now. I am, what I feel, to be a very normal, healthy 30-year-old woman. I exercise regularly, which he does not, and always eat very healthy, which he also does not. I am 5''8" and weight about 165 pounds. I have a very athletic body shape and am in no way considered "fat" as he calls me. We have no sexual relationship lately(at least 3 months) as he is always looking at pornography and tells me he is not attracted to me. How do I get him to see that he is wrong and that our future together cannot be determined on his crazy ideals of the perfect woman.   I am an outstanding woman to him, I work full time, clean our house full time and am an amazing cook and thought our relationship was good...what do I do about this claim that he insists that I am fat and need to loose 30lbs by August!!!! Please help me!!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

How old is he?

How long have you been together?

Had he complained about your weight before?

Chase