Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

been married for only 2weeks. we were together for ...

Customer Question
been married for only 2weeks...
been married for only 2weeks. we were together for 7mos. before we got married. sometimes, just feels like he''s hiding some things from me. he moved in my house, but took a different address, a p.o. box address for all his mails/bills. what does that mean? i''m really confused and worried.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
3/28/2008
Counselor: Ms Chase, Life Coach replied 9 years ago
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach

Hello Leza,

Where did the two of you meet?

How old are the two of you?

In what ways do you feel he is hiding things?

Did you ask him why he took a po box?

Where did he live before he moved into your house?

Chase

we met online, he emailed me first and we clicked after that. i'm 33 and he's turning 30. just some of the things he does, like frequent texting even in my presence, almost the whole day,he'd say it's sister when i ask him. then now this mailbox thing, i just feel like if we're married, he didn't have to get his own address separate from mine. i just asked him and he hasn't responded yet. he used to live with his folks before we got married.
Customer/p>

Thank you for that info

Who's idea was it to get married so soon?

Does he work? Who makes more money, you or him?

Has he been married before? Was he from your town? Did you meet his parents?

Anything else that seems strange to you?

Chase

he proposed 3mos into the relationship and i really loved him so i said yes, knowing there's a lot i still have to learn about him. yup h works a decent job, but i make more money. never been married before. met his parents right from the beginning. he grew up near where i live now. just all the secretive texting, which he stopped when i told him how it bothers me. i'm just really wondering why someonee would get a different address when he's living here already.
Customer/p>

There's no way to really know why he did it without seeing his mail. He could have bills or things that he doesn't want you to see. Phone bills, letters, other bills, magazines, books, who knows? Where does his mail go after he gets it, is he leaving it in the car, at his parents house or bringing it home? I would say since he stopped texting when you asked, he may change his mail too? It is a little strange because he could have continued to have it come to his parents house right? The best thing you can do is ask him why he's doing it, and ask him to stop. If you are married, both of your mail should come to the house. There shouldn't be a reason to hide anything from one another.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase

i'm just scared he might be hiding something, if they're bills, no problem, but what if it's mail from an ex or some other girl. is it wrong to feel this way? am i just too insecure? i work nights at my job, so there are nights when were not together. last week, at 10pm, he txted me at work to say he's going out to buy fries coz he was craving for it. he didn't come back home til 2hrs after and didn't text or answer my calls when i tried to contact him. what was that about? he says i don't trust him enough.

lezah,

I know you've probably already thought about this, but it's possible you should have waited much longer before marrying someone you don't really know. Of course it could be mail from an ex or a girl. You say bills, no problem, but from this point on, his bills are your bills too! Its not wrong to feel the way you are feeling at all. There's no reason why a husband should have his mail going to a PO box unless he's trying to hide something.

As for his not being able to be contacted for two hours, I don't know what that's about.....but if you let him get away with it, he's going to think it's ok and continue doing it. Why should you be expected to trust someone you barely know? Why should you be expected to trust someone who pays for a po box, so their mail doesn't come to their home and who disappears without responding to your texts or phone calls?

Chase

Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Ms Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach