Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My ex has threatened me.

Customer Question
I have been seeing him...
I have been seeing him for 5 yrs yes like a fool I believed he was leaving his wife. He threatened to kill me if I contacted his wife. We work at the same place. What should I do? I live alone and he knows where. Should I get a restraining order? It''s his word against mine as far as the threat.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Relationship
3/13/2008
Counselor: Ms Chase, Life Coach replied 10 years ago
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach

Hello catwoman,

If someone has threatened your life then yes, you can file a complaint and possibly get a harassment/restraining order, you can even let him know if he threatens you again you will call the police. My suggestion is you just leave him alone and ask him to do the same. If the threat of you telling his wife is gone, then he may leave the whole thing alone. However, if you file a restraining order and a police report, it's more than likely his wife will find out somehow and this could just make him angrier...but this is really your call. If you believe he is a danger to you, then you may be best served by filing a report.

I don't know if you are still seeing him, but obviously this isn't safe for you. If you do decide to stop seeing him, I would suggest keeping a journal with dates and times and any problems or issues you have with him from this point on, in case you need it for court.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Chase

Reply to Ms Chase's Post: His wife and my husband found out about us four and a half years ago we had been seeing each other for six months. I did truly fall for him and I divorced my husband. He just kept making promises and had an excuse for every time he couldn't keep his promise. He kept telling me that she didn't love him he was just her wallet and that she knew we were still seeing each other. Two months ago I was tired of all the excuses and told him her or me. He of course didn't choose me. So at that time I told him then since she knew we were seeing each other he shouldn't care if I call her and tell her were done that he was all hers. He told me do it I don't care. He didn't think I would but I did. He called me a week later and told me he still was in love with me and didn't mean what he had said. All the while as I found out today from her he was telling her the same that we were over and he loved her. He called her and told her I was going to call her so she called me to find out why I wanted to call her. He told her that I was stalking him and wouldn't leave him alone which I swear is a lie. I have tried to walk away from him he is the one that calls me and tells me he loves me and wants to be with me. I know that what we did was wrong but I did truly fall in love with him and believed him. I was used I know his wife won't sleep with him and I have refused to until he left her. He once again tried to get me to give in and I stuck to my guns and told him not unitl he left her and this is why all of this happened. I can't believe that he threatened me today. I am totally devastated. Honestly, I don't know if he would do anything or not. He has an extremely bad temper and next week my kids are on spring break with their dad and he knows I will be here alone. I am known for being too trusting and being a door mat I can't describe how ripped apart I am. That someone could be as cruel as he has been when all I did was give him love.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ms Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach