Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

why is it we are having more sex than ever and we are ...

Customer Question

why is it we are having more sex than ever and we are supposed to have split up?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Grabby,

Are you split?

How long were you together?

How old are the two of you?

Do you think you'll be getting back together?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: not split totally just a verbal request from my husband of 20 years
we are both 43 and he works away from home for long periods of time- 6 weeks or so. this has affected my labido as i have been caring for 3 girls and running a home and working. i have been very sad. now he says he wants to move on i have reacted against this and want to keep the man i love and am doing everything i can. he is very loving towards me and we are getting on well. how can i be sure he wants me and not is feeling guilty?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Grabby

Thanks you for that info

What was the verbal request, that you split up?

If he wants to split up, why is he still coming home?

Have you asked him why he is acting so loving toward you if he wants to split?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: the verbal request was that he wants to live on his own, if we should move to his new job location. initial thoughts is he has somebody else, but i really believe that this is not the case yet. however,think that he may just be loving because he still wants to come home and see his children??

i have asked and there is no direct answer- more of i dont know and shoulder shrug!

i guess time will tell, but in the mean time... what do i think?
thanks
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Grabby,

If he won't talk to you then it's very difficult to know what is going on in his head since he refuses to talk about it. One way to really get a grasp on what's going on is to stop sleeping with him. If he wants to live on his own and he doesn't want to be with you, then why should he be getting the fringe benefits? The problem is, when a man starts to pull away, it goes against our instinct to pull away back, but sometimes it's the only way that we can keep some of our self esteem intact. He knows what he's feeling and he knows whats going on, he just doesn't want to talk about it, and you deserve better than that. You've been with him for 20 years so the least he can do is be straight with you, so that you know where to go from here.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase