TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

what would think if your husband says we need to reasses ...

Customer Question

what would think if your husband says we need to reasses our marriage.... i took that as if a) he wanted to make sure he wanted to be in it and b) IF HE wants a divorce.. why am i taking this so seriously..you just dont' say that to a woman you supposedly love. i know we are opposite..he is rude, cold and crude.. i am loving responsible and also very polite and love working with handicap people i HAVE alot of compasion...he admits to both. He got hurt by a woman years ago she cleaned him out financially and emotionally so he has shut off and claims to have no emotions so i have been sitting here and everytime he turns into this mood it destroys me what kind of guy besides a jerk would say that to a woman.. i am beautiful by heart and appearance and love life and people.. he has a way of excluding me from my family and friends.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Lindie replied 9 years ago.

If you don't mind answering a few questions this will give me a better idea.

How long have you both been married?

Any kids together?

Is this the first time he has said anything about the "marriage" itself?

What occurred to lead him up to saying what he did?

Are you happy with him?

Thank you,