Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

How to get him back

Customer Question
Luke and I met first...
Luke and I met first in October 2007 through a mutual friend of ours. We were out one night and I ended up taking both Luke and our mutual friend back to Luke''s home.

I was invited into his house and our friend fell asleep, leaving myself and Luke to chat. We spoke about random general things for 8 hours throughout the night, he mentioned he was in a relationship that he didn''t enjoy and that he wanted to finish it with his girlfriend of 18 months. She was at Uni and they only saw each other twice a month. He was not happy with her putting lots of weight on, he wasn''t happy with the situation he was in - that he didn''t have the strength to tell her that he wanted to finish the relationship. He mentioned that he wished his girlfriend was more like myself as he felt completely at ease with me, even though he had just met me.

When I left his house I had no contact with him for 2 months although he kept asking our mutual friend when I was going to see them again.

When I did finally see him in the beginning of December 07 we were out in a bar one night with our friends he managed to get my number from our mutual friend, I found he was still in his relationship yet we still chatted as though we were old friends, completely at ease with eachother.

We would text eachother throughout the days that came, and he told me he had plucked up the courage to leave his girlfriend because he wanted to be with me, and had wanted to be with me since the first time he had saw me, but our second meeting had made him realise.

5 days later he told me him and his girlfriend had finally broke up and that he was relieved and happy that it was over. He said he needed to still talk to her as they had a holiday planned over Christmas which was going to be cancelled.

He asked me over for a few drinks a few days later and told me that this was what he wanted more than anything, and I told him I thought it would be best if he took a couple of weeks to determine if this is what he really wants, that I didn''t want to be a rebound, that he needed time to think about the last relationship and grieve for it.

He denied everything and was adamant he was very happy when he was with me and that he wanted to we with me very much.

We began seeing eachother, and it was fabulous, we spoke almost every day and he wanted to see me all the time. A couple of months down the line we were still blissfully happy. We were staying around eachothers houses, and he would hate to leave me in the morning for work. He admitted he was seriously falling for me, and I also admitted that I felt the exact same way.

We were so happy that I couldn''t see anything spoiling it. He had cancelled his holiday with his ex girlfriend and she owed him money. They still spoke whenever there were things they had to speak about. I was quite happy they were being amicable about things.

Every day he would tell me he missed me and that he couldn''t wait to see me again, that he was very happy in this relationship.

Monday 25th Feb I couldn''t see him that night because I was in college. I remember getting home from college and having a feeling that I had to go around Luke''s that night but dismissed the feeling and went to my own bed.

The next night he came around to mine and sat me down. He broke up with me because he had spoken to his ex-girlfriend the night before (the Monday night) and had realised that although he didn''t want to be with his ex anymore, he still had feelings for her and wanted to get over her properly. The only way he could do that was to be on his own.

A week later I was still devastated and gave him a call, and he agreed that I should go around his to have a chat etc.

He explained that his feelings for me were still there and that he needed space and time to sort his head out. I asked that because the problem in his head was to do with him and his ex-girlfriend, it shouldn''t affect myself and him getting back together when his head was clear.

He only responded that he didn''t want me to wait, just in case it didn''t happen, that just in case we didn''t get back together again.

However when the time came for me to leave, we couldn''t stop hugging, and it ended up us sleeping together again.

It has been a couple of days since then and neither of us have contacted the other, I want to give him the space he needs, but I am so impatient that it''s killing me not knowing what he wants.

I have no idea what to do, I really want to get back with him but I have no idea how to go about it.

Please help
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Relationship
3/6/2008
Counselor: Ms Chase, Life Coach replied 9 years ago
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach

Hello Kelsie,

What are your ages?

Do you think he's gotten back involved with his ex?

Chase

Reply to Ms Chase's Post: Hi There

He is a very honest person, he cannot lie to save his life! He has very strict morals and ideas and he sticks to them no matter what. I have asked him if he is thinking of getting back together with his ex and he has reassured me he isn't, that he is merely trying to get over the only way he knows how to.

Luke will be 24 in the next couple of months, and I will be 23 this year. Our friends (especially his) are mainly older, around 27-30 years old, who are mostly settled in their relationships or are married.

Thanks for your time on my question.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ms Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach