Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

Will Greg and i be in a romantic relationship

Customer Question

I just need to know if im holding on to something or not
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello newfie,

Who is greg to you?

How old are the two of you?

Do you think he's interested in you?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: Greg is a guy that i have known for about 12 years we have been dating for about 3 months now but he is going throgh a hard time fr a past relationship, he is obver the girl but is having ha hard time on some of the things that had happened.. he is really a amazing guy and treats me like im gold ( cooking me dinner taking me out stuff like that) He is 33 and im 27. I do think he is into me but i think he is too afade of getting hurt and knowning what he real feelings are
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Can you tell me some of the things that happened?

How is his fear affecting your relationship?

Are you officially dating now?

Are you willing to take things slow?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: something that has happened with him and his ex? Well she was very mean to him like he could never do anything good enough stuff like that...
He frar is affecting us because everytime he feels he is gettin to close he backs off he says he is not understanding his feeling for me he is not sure if im just a safty net for him or if he truly cares but he also says he knows its more then just a friendship between us... We are not officially dating we can see other people not there is no one eles on each side we spend weekends together and see each other just about everyday n talk on the phone everyday, Im more then willing to take things slow, I have told him that i dont want anymore then what he is willing to give me right now.. Im very understanding to how he is feeling but maybe thats why I have become his safty net
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Newfie,

Thanks you for that additional info. At some point, we are no longer children, we put away out childish ways and we act like grown ups. Ok, his girlfriend treated him bad, but you are not her. If he has known you for 12 years, then he knows what kind of person you are. If you have dated for 3 months, then you have shown him that you are not like his ex. You have to be the one to decide how long this 'trial' will go on. How long you will be tested before he decides that you are not here to hurt him. He's old enough to see you as a person and not just something that might happen to him. There's nothing wrong with understanding how someone is feeling, but giving too much of yourself without asking for anything in return is a recipe for disaster, not only are you a safety net, but you become a dispensable safety net.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase