TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I have occasionally said i am bi-curious to my wife

Customer Question

I have occasionally said i am bi-curious to my wife but i have always been loyal to her, 15 years worth. (i fantasize about it a lot!) now a guy at work who came onto me a long time ago called me up out of the blue and wants to go out for lunch-and more. And this time i want to real bad. how do i approach my wife with this? just by me asking her, will she lose faith in me? i will not cheat on her, so in one way, what darned good is being bisexual to a guy like me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Amx

Let me ask you a few questions

When you've mentioned it to her in the past, what was her response?

You say that you will not cheat on your wife, but what will you be asking her?

How do you think she will respond?

How is your sex life with your wife?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: Hello Chase,
I had this big long response typed out, and as I was doing it, I was answerting my own questions.
BotXXXXX XXXXXne is I can't do it. It's not worth risking my wifes feelings for a fantasy. She is my best friend, lover, soul mate.

Thanks,
Customer
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello 401,

The best answers are when we figure it out on our own. I'm proud of you for thinking of your wife over yourself, and I do know how hard it can be in a situation like this. I'm here if you ever want to talk, please do not hesitate to ask for me by name.

Warmly

Chase