Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I need advice.

If you get the feeling...
If you get the feeling that your higher power is mad at you or ignoreing you, how could one go about getting them back in your life? Just praying isn't working.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2008
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach

Hello Canav,

What is your religion?

Why would they be mad at you?

Chase

Hi

I suppose I would be considered Christian.

He (they) might be mad at my high levels of Procrastination or all the lies and self centered hatefullness.

I feel no love and assume my prayers may not be taken in a serious manner. Sometimes it feels like the prayer isn't heard at all and I'm talkin to myself because he hung up on me.

I been hit with a curse that's caused a string of bad luck...I aksed for it to get called off but I'm still under attack.

I'm kind of shady to reach out like this but what else can I do if he isn't helping?

Canav,

My father used to tell me that "the helping hand you seek is at the end of your own arm", kind of his version of "God helps those who help themselves". Faith is belief without proof. There is no way for God to "show" you that he loves you, perhaps the fact that we're alive? Sometimes that doesn't seem very loving, when everything in life is turned against us, but that is life. Good, bad or indifferent, its your life. Don't disassociate from the things that you can (attempt to) control (procrastination, lies, self centered, hatefulness), and blame them on a lack of love from God. These are things you can deal with, whether through therapy/counseling or sheer determination.

Prayers are for strength, the things we ask of our God/s, to "accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference" is enough sometimes if we're persistent and honest about it. You can't presume to know what your God is thinking or doing, it could quite possibly be the height of egotism to assume that you can.

I don't have much faith in curses, I apologize if you do, but we can't make excuses for bad luck. What we look upon as bad luck can be the very learning experiences that can turn that "luck" around. There's no shadiness in asking a question or wanting an answer. No man/woman is an island, and there are some times when you have to reach that hand out....to send that message in a bottle and hope someone responds.

When you're feeling this way, sometimes the best cure, the best way to call of the 'curse' is to do for others. Feed the homeless. Do something for a child. Visit a hospital ward. Volunteer. No cure for self pity better than seeing those worse off than you, and having a chance to make their life a little better.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Reply to Ms Chase's Post: That's interesting.....

Almost exactly what I needed to hear except for the fact that I said some pretty shitty things directed at the higher power(s) that I didn't mention before.

"f**k you God"

"f**k you Jesus, there is no Jesus.....no God"

I even went as far as to look into another religion.

If god doesn't get upset over that then what the hell does he get upset over?

Your faith lesson (deffinition) makes me feel guilty for loseing my faith so suddenly..... How should I (or could I) honestly expect to be forgiven after that?

Seems like I may have dug a little too deep with that one.

I feel like our realationship is in serious trouble......Jesus is about forgivness, yes I know this but it was unexceptable and it wasn't the first time I went off like that but it was at a time when I was lucky to be forgiven in the first place.

I shouldn't expect god to baby me through every little bad thing that happens....point taken but I still feel like it might be too late.

What do I do now?

How can you say that God would not forgive you when he forgave his own son? His own son, knowing the reasoning for his death asked, "Why have you forsaken me?"

Do you really think you are the first person to curse god? Do you think his feelings are hurt that easily? Every parent has heard from their child at some point or another "I hate you" when things don't go their way.

I would like to think that God gets upset over things like murderers, pedophiles, hurting others but especially children. Life has its tests, without a doubt, but yet here you are still wanting forgiveness and worrying about your temporary loss of faith. Don't you think that makes God happy?

I don't think God "babies" you through these things....I think he kind of looks at you like a parent would and says "ok, when you're finished with your tantrum, I'll be here ready to talk".

Continue to pray, and perhaps consider looking into some churches near you if you don't already belong to one, or talking to your priest/reverend/pastor. Also, find out if they have any support groups.

Chase

Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Do you think he forgives murderers, pedophiles, and child abusers even if they never show remorse?

Thanks for the words but I'm still thinking I went too far....I don't know if I'll ever be forgiven but I'll try.

It wont happen again......You can count on that.

Canav,

My personal belief is that he won't forgive anyone if they have no remorse for what they have done. I believe you can be forgiven and I believe that you can change your life at any moment. At the moment you are reading this page you can take the first step to the rest of your changed life. All it takes is a little faith, confidence and the knowledge that you can do anything you put your mind and heart to.

I'm always here if you want to talk

Chase

hey can you close this?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ms Chase
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach