How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ms Chase Your Own Question
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Ms Chase is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been with my partner for 14 years we have two ...

Customer Question

I have been with my partner for 14 years we have two children but have not had sex for 9 years. I am 17 years older than her and when we got together I had a lot of guilt about the break up with my then partner (male) of 10 years. I was also having pre menopausal symptoms and the menopause began in earnest when our first son was born 5 years later. I am very difficult to live with and have serious issues of self esteem and am very aware of the age difference between us. I have made her miserable and she feels unloved and unsexy. I caused an argument last saturday and the upshot is I said I would move out but I thought we could work it out however she felt that we had come to the end of our relationship, she loves me but is not in love with me. Our youngest son is now at pre school and she has become very friendly with one of the mother''s I asked if there was anything going on and she said no they are friends but that she is attracted to her because she is fun to be with and the children get on well. I am devastated by this and now she wants me to move up to my ex partner''s house (he is the father of our children) I believed that it would be just until I could sort out my problems but now she has told me that she cannot see a time when we could get back together but wants to be friends with me. The house is in joint names but I pay all the mortgage and bills. Our older son does not want to live anywhere else and I cannot put him through that so my dilemma is do I accept that she may get together with this other woman and get over it or is there something I can do to change things?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.
Ms Chase and 2 other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.


If you want to talk more, just type it here and we can continue to talk. If you want to chat, you have to open a new quetion and enable the chat. Feel free to ask for me by name.