Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 2nd Roku is not working. What do you mean? Roku + I just

My 2nd Roku is not working
JA: What Roku model do you have?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Roku +
JA: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?
Customer: I just got off phone with Spectrum. The internet is working fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have unplugged the Roku, rebooted the router, still nothing helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you here?

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK

What exactly is on the TV screen when you try to view the Roku?

I need to know specifics of what happens when you try to use it. As much detail as possible.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No phone call.....lets do it right here on line
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not paying $26 to talk on the phone

I'm not sending the phone call offer. Read my replies on this page and reply back to me please!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No phone call please!

The website sends its own offers, I have no idea what they are sending you but you can just ignore them!! Are you able to see my replies??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am able to see what you are typing

I posted this here at 7:12 and I've been waiting for your replies: What exactly is on the TV screen when you try to view the Roku? I need to know specifics of what happens when you try to use it. As much detail as possible.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For Netflix......it trys to load and then says unable to play channel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is trying to load right now but it gets to about 5% and then says there is no connection
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked with Spectrum about our internet and it is fine

Okay. Click the link below and scroll down about halfway. Find the reset button on your Roku, then press and hold that for 10 full seconds and release. This resets the Roku to factory defaults and you'll then need to set it up as if it were new:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Can you please not post multiple times? It erases my post and confuses the page. Send one reply and await my reply. I just posted some steps for you to try. Let me know what happens once you reset the Roku.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will this effect our first Roku? The first one in the living room is fine....it is the 2nd one in the family room that is causing the problem

No, this has nothing to do with any other Roku than the one you're doing it to. The other one is unrelated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok

Ok. Standing by.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We just hit the reset button

Press and hold it for 10 seconds so it resets. Did it reset?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it says lets get started

Okay cool. Run through setup and let me know if you can get onto Netflix.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok setting it up right now

Thank you. Standing by.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still setting up

Simply reply back once you've completed setup.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says complete the setup on the web.....where do i do this at?

Did you get a code on the screen?

You would enter the code here:

https://my.roku.com/link

Are you able to see my replies above?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just got message error code 001....Unable to connect to Roku service

How old is this Roku please? Also how far is it away from your router?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I bought both Rokus on the same day this April......one room from the first Roku...two rooms from this Roku

Your rooms could be any size. Roughly how many feet from the router is this Roku?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
25 feet

Your rooms could be 24 feet long, they could be 8 feet long, etc.? This Roku isn't connecting so I'm trying to determine why. Any ideas how far (roughly)?

Thanks, ***** ***** crossed.

If this Roku was working fine before and then stopped then its not a distance issue from the router, but unfortunately would point to the Roku itself being faulty. We've done a full factory reset which should cure any issues if they were software related, however since it did not then you need to contact Roku for warranty replacement of the device.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

I spent the better part of the last hour working with you of my own time- and am only credited by the site with a positive rating. Was there anything else I could help you with please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok....think I am going to return this Roku

Yes, that's the best course of action now. could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sure