Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm new to the Tascam and I love it, but how do I get it to…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm new...

Hi Pearl, I'm new to the Tascam and I love it, but how do I get it to record for longer periods of time. If I'm doing an interview, it records it all in small segments, stopping and starting constantly. Is there a way for it to record uninterrupted for 30 minutes?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Tascam dr-05

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. I've used it for two interviews now and it records in very brief segments. It doesn't lose anything, but I have to keep moving between files when I listen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I'm sure this is something I'm doing wrong. I just need some guidance.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/31/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 22 days ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You will need to increase the maximum file size, to allow the Tascam to record for longer.

To do this, see page 34 of the followuing user guide:

https://www.soundpro.com/catalog/documents/e_dr-05_rm_va.pdf

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------