Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a Roku player serialR01 at Best Buy Jan 17, 2018.

Customer Question
Hi, i bought a...

Hi, i bought a Roku player serial(###) ###-####R01 at Best Buy Jan 17, 2018. Last night I was on Netflix and the remote stopped working. The green light keeps flashing and it was stuck on the program I was watching. I unplugged it and when I tried it today it won't do anything. How can I get a new remote controller? Please advise. thank you

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes, I think it's only the remote control. Everything else is OK.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Netflix seems to be OK. Last night I was able to watch it but once I was off the remote wasn't doing anything.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First simply try removing the remote batteries, waiting 30 seconds and then putting them back in. Let me know what happens.

I did that. I don’t need tech help. My remote doesn’t work , I only wanted to contact Roku about getting it replaced since I only bought it in January. I think I got to you in error. I want someone at Roku.