Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Using iMovie. Want to fade out/in on the audio track between…

Customer Question
Using iMovie. Want to fade...
Using iMovie. Want to fade out/in on the audio track between 2 music tracks.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

To fade audio in or out:

1. To reveal the fade handles, position the pointer over the audio portion of a clip in the timeline.

2. Drag the fade handle to the point in the clip where you want the fade to begin or end.

Dragging a fade handle at the beginning of a clip creates a fade-in, and dragging a fade handle at the end of a clip creates a fade-out.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

HMMM....I'm not sure about the fade handle. I see the two black arrows going left and right but dragging them just increases or decreases the length of the audio file. There's a small dot near the top that has little arrows but it doesn't move.

What version of iMovie are you using?

I’m not at my computer at the moment but I just downloaded it last week so must be the latest

Have a look at the following video guide and let me know if you can follow it on your version of iMovie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ZHH3xdx80

Version 10.1.9

Ok, so can you follow the instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ZHH3xdx80 ?