Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older model Sony tv. I spoke to a Sony tech

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older model Sony tv. I spoke to a Sony tech yesterday and he told me you could help me connect to Sling tv. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Kv27fs210

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv is connected to Suddenlink cable service and works fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

I do not have an issue with Sony. My problem is I want to leave Suddenlink and go to Sling.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I will be connecting to Frontier internet and phone service tomorrow. I cannot use their Dish tv service here because our apartment managers do not allow connection to the building.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This is not something you could do on the tv directly - this is a very old model tv and not capable of any "smart" functions or connecting to the internet, so it can't access sling or any other such services on its own.

You can still get this type of service, but you'd have to do so by purchasing an external streaming device and connecting that to the tv,

specifically for your model tv, you would need to purchase a roku express plus (no other model/device is compatible with this type of tv). You may order one of those here: https://amzn.to/2JcDRNG and again be sure to buy this exact item, other media players won't work with your sony.

This will connect to the red/white/yellow ports on your tv, and then will link up to your home wifi network and give you access to sling, netflix, etc

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.