Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older model Sony tv and have just received my Roku…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older model Sony tv and have just received my Roku Express. I need to know how to connect them.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Kv27fs210

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not mechanically literate

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Do you have a roku express+ model (note the Plus specifically)?

Where do I find the model #?
No. I'm on Social Security and can't afford the extra expense.
3900R

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

For this to be productive, please focus on our conversation here, Multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response here.

Unfortunately, that roku model is not appropriate for this situation.

The issue here is that you have a very old tv, which predates the hdmi connections of the current model tvs.

Virtually all of the roku devices have only a hdmi connection, so the roku you have is simply not compatible with your television, as it requires a connection port that your sony just doesn't have.

Short of buying a new/updated tv model, your best option is to return that roku to wherever you bought it and instead specifically purchase the roku express PLUS model,

that one, which you can order here: https://amzn.to/2L1z8eW

has the older style red/white/yellow rca connections, which you'd connect to the matching colored red/white/yellow ports on the sony then use the tv/video button on the sony remote to choose the video input mode, and then the roku will work from there.

Best regards,

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions can cost you more each time and hinders my ability to reply.

I sent you a detailed answer, above.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.