Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just bought a Sharp Roku TV, When hooked up to the cable box…

Customer Question
Just bought a Sharp...

Just bought a Sharp Roku TV, When hooked up to the cable box is there a way to go directly to TV programs with the cable remote only?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Roku?

Bought it today

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works fine. When hooked to the cable box I can turn the TV on but then need to use the TV remote to select Cable

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Roku? What happened right before this?

Just got the TV and this is what happens from day one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just need to know if there is a way to use only the cable remote to go directly to TV.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Sharp TV?

Also who is your cable provider and what is the model number of your cable box (so I can look up your remote)?

If you need help with something here today then reply back with the info requested.