Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does it keep shutting off? Rook and it is about one

Why does it keep...

Why does it keep shutting off?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Rook and it is about one month old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I just keep going back to fubo and starting over by selecting what I want to watch and it plays for a few minutes and then shuts off again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want it to work.

5/27/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which model Roku is this (Roku express, premiere, stick, etc.)? Also are you saying the Roku physically shuts off, or does the picture simply go black/freeze, etc.? Provide as much detail as you can here.

Are you there and did you need something today?

Streaming stick. It goes back to app select.

Okay thanks. Unplug the power cord from the stick, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Wait a minute then locate the pinhole reset button on one of the thin sides of the stick and press and hold that for 10 full seconds and release. This reboots the Roku back to factory defaults (and requires you set it up again as if it were new). The symptoms you have indicate a hardware issue with the Roku- but those steps above are the only user level cure you can try. If the issue goes beyond this then you need to contact roku directly for an exchange/return and get a new unit under their warranty.

In that case, use the link below and follow the instructions for warranty service:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replacements

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician