Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have 4 Roku express devices and for some reason they are…

Customer Question
I have 4 Roku...

I have 4 Roku express devices and for some reason they are not connecting to wifi any longer. I checked our other devices that we have to see if it is the router but they are working fine. I already tried to reset the roku by pressing the bottom on back of device but it did not fix it. Have you heard of any issues recently that may be going on? Thanks, Karen

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes, my son is actually on his xbox right now and it is working fine

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Video Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 27 days ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Who is internet service provider?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
At&t
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 26 days ago

Ok can you perform internet speed test to verify the speed of your connection.

Go to a computer then open web browser and search internet speed test. Run the application and report upload and download speed

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Upload 11.50. Download 9.18
Ok the speed looks great. How many wifi devices do you have on your network?
Can you try to turn off all devices on your network and leave one roku on and then try it.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok . I 'll give it a try
Ok let me know the results. If it does work then increase the number until when you loose signal. I am suspecting that the wifi router is overloaded with larger number of devices.
This test will confirm the problem