Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a roku stick and cannot get it to connect. I have…

Customer Question
I bought a roku...

I bought a roku stick and cannot get it to connect . I have checked with my internet provider and they told me to contact you.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It is purple -- a red X is shown after trying to connect and it asks me to make sure my password ***** ***** sensitive and asks something about my router and a MAC address which I dont even know what that means

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

The roku stick is attached to the tv and the stick is attached to the cord provided and then to an extension cord to an outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Like what?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 2 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Who is your internet provider?