Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony video cassette recorder Betacam SP 1800. The…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony video cassette recorder Betacam SP 1800. The cassette is stuck in the recorder and I know that there is a mechanism for ejecting the cassette but I cannot find it on the display. Please help

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sony videocassette recorder UVM 1800 Betacam SP

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your AVM router?

I have no idea where do I find out

Technician's Assistant: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far?

Thank you. I have the external display screen connected. I can see words but I cannot find the words eject tape on the menu when I click the menu

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. This will be simple for him.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have done this before and I know it is easy that I cannot find the proper screen to click eject on the machine. I click on the menu and no “eject” comes up
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 29 days ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I need help.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I do not know why you are unable to call me. But if this is the only way you can help, please help.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I do not know how to reach the eject video screen. I have done it before (6 months ago) but cannot find my way back. The photo shows what I see. There must be another button or 2 to push to get to the eject screen
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Please respond
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am hanging on waiting. Harry. If you are going to help me, let me know how and when please.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Harry. I cannot just sit here on my computer and wait for your response. Please respond. I am confused by the service your company is providing

Turn off the deck

Hold down the EJECT button and power it back on while holding the button

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
thank you for your response. But you aren't looking at a different machines repair manual. That has nothing to do with this machine. I tried it and it does not work. This machine requires you to look at a screen–I sent a photo of the screen I see–and one of the choices is eject but I do not see that choice because I am not able to get to the proper screen.

The photo that you sent is not of your recorder.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No. It shows the monitor screen connected to my recorder. My recorder is a UVF–1800 Sony Betacam SP deck
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have done this correctly before but cannot remember how. The deck is connected to the monitor which is how you conduct the operations with the machine. I do not have the repair manual.