Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku TV and I have dirctv now. I have 2 other tvs…

I have a Roku...

I have a Roku TV and I have dirctv now. I have 2 other tvs with older Roku sticks. I cannot find the dirctv app when I search on the Roku sticks. Any suggestions? Erick Nordstrom

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

No. I cannot locate the dirctv now app when I search on the stick

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

My internet connection is fine. The Roku sticks are working fine. When I search for Directv now I cannot find

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it.

5/25/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Depending on your model, this may simply not be an option,

as some of the older hardware won't support the directv app.

The best thing to try though is adding it from your computer instead, just click here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/140474/directv-now

Then click on the Add Channel button (it may prompt you to sign in to your roku account first) and then the app should show up on your devices (at least those that are compatible).

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Okay. The Roku rep told me the $5.00 was refundable. How does that work?

What the site says is that you pay a fee for this service,

if you didn't correspond with a tech or get a response, then it could be refunded.

I provided the above answer, so you paid the agreed upon fee.

Nathan, Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The answer that depending on my model I may not be able to add a channel was not really any help. I have cancelled my membership. What a waste of time.

You did not provide which specific models you have, so I was giving some general information from that.
I provided the specific steps to add it, for those devices that do support it.