Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why doesn't my UBPX800 4K blue ray player can not read any…

Customer Question
Why doesn't my UBPX800...

Why doesn't my UBPX800 4K blue ray player can not read any 4K discs. Plays and randomly stops or freezes while playing the movie. Tried 4 different discs and I might add, this is the 2nd player

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sony STR-DN1080

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your STR-DN1080?

Changed all HMDI cords, went and verified setting would support 4K

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Its hooked to a LG OLED 55" TV and I also hooked the player up directly to the TV without any change

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
It will play a Blue Ray disc just fine. Its the 4K discs that will not play thru without freezing
When it freezes, the remote will not work at all. Even the control buttons on the player will not work
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the issue still exists
No Thanks on the Phone call

Are they discs that you bought the movie or discs that you burned?

They are brand new - 4K blue ray disc's. They also have a standard Blue ray disc and they all play perfect

Have you contacted Sony?

They have replaced the player the first time. Problem still exists. Called them the 2nd time and they sent me to you

Sony would not send you to us for a replacement.

No not the replacement, your right. I asked them what the issue was and if I was doing something wrong. That's why were chatting, they sent me the link to you or "Just answer"

Unfortunately, it will need to go through Sony.

Apparently the Sony tech's are off for the holiday. It looks like I should call Sony again since this equipment is brand new and under their warrantee.

Yes, please call Sony.

Thanks

You're welcome