Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HDCP Unauthorized. Roku one year old. Unplugged wifi and…

Customer Question
HDCP Unauthorized Technician's Assistant:...

HDCP Unauthorized

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Roku one year old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Unplugged wifi and HDMI cables. Screen come back on for 15 seconds and then goes to a purple screen

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick having trouble with HDCP error message?

Roku box
No

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer/ prompt is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat

- Is there any other video device connected to HDMI input of the TV and does it work fine?

Every thing works but the roku

OK, it is either the HDMI cable problem runs between TV and Roku box OR the Roku device has got an internal problem

Please try a different/ new HDMI cable to connect Roku box to the TV

If the problem still persists then I'm afraid it is Roku box internal failure and the only option left is to reset the Roku box to default settings that Might help and if it still doesn't work then a new Roku device is the only option to fix the issue