Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We misplaced te original remote to the roku tv so a new one…

Customer Question
Hi, we misplaced te...

Hi, we misplaced te original remote to the roku tv so a new one has Belén provided but it does not work. Hoy do iI program it.?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

The screen can be manually set on just about any channel

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, this is our only issue at the moment

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

The tv has roku built in, tv is plugged to the power source only.
Nathan how much more will this be?

Okay that changes the situation entirely then.

What is the brand and model of the tv?
Where did you get the remote?

TV is an Insignia, 1080p60hz model, remote says roku

I would need an actual model number off the back of the tv.

WHERE did you get the remote?

Best Buy, same place where tv was purchased. The new remote came from the same manufacturer, they just gave me a new one.

Unless they actually took a remote out of an insignia tv box or gave you one from a floor model, that is not going to work. They probably gave you a replacement remote for an actual roku device, which is a different manufacturer and is not compatible with the tv.

This is why I need specific information from you. I need the actual model number of the tv, and the model number from the remote,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.