Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently replaced my old Roku with a new one, and I'm

Customer Question
I recently replaced my...

I recently replaced my old Roku with a new one, and I'm getting used to it.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

There's no model number on the remote or on the Roku itself

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

It's working fine! My question is...while I was playing around with it, I found a listing on one of the "channels" that had all the academy award winning movies available for rent for $1.99 each. I'm trying to find out where I found that. Hope you can help me locate it again. I'll write it down this time!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

I just need to find out which (netflix, Hulu, etc.) offers academy award winning movies for $1.99

There are actually several different apps, it isn't just one specific channel, each has different content available,

amazon instant video is one of them: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/13/amazon-video

VUDU is one of the other more popular ones: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/13842/vudu this is most likely what you saw.

both of these have an array of movies that rent for as little as a few dollars.

Neither netflix nor hulu have individual movies like that, they are monthly subscriptions.

Here is an overall list/summary of some recent movies and where they are available as well:

https://blog.roku.com/stream-award-winning-movies-on-your-roku-player-or-roku-tv

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.