Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just hook up my roku (wires and cables) but on my tv the…

Customer Question
Just hook up my...

Just hook up my roku (wires and cables) but on my tv the roku hdmi channel says: the 'find remote' feature is not with your pair remote. I can't get that off the screen so I can begin the set up. HELP.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, just I mentioned with the remote.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

What do you mean by "digital media player"? Is that what your calling the roku.

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.
Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Thank you

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.