Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What does it mean when we constantly get the message

Customer Question
Hello. what does...

Hello. what does it mean when we constantly get the message "buffering"

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

You mean the TV? It is a Samsung which is 4-yrs old

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The TV is a Samsung model # UN607100AFXZA which is about 4-yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I am not sure what you mean by TV menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN607100AFXZA? What happened right before this?

We just got the Roku Ultra this weekend and the "buffering" started today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We have noticed stops in the picture for a few seconds and the sound does go out at times

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

That is an indicator that your wifi signal is too weak for it to stream the movie seamlessly. "Buffering" refers to it not having enough download speed at times. Sometimes it will work better than other times.

You have a couple of options.

1. Move your wireless router closer to your Roku Ultra. This will increase the signal.

2. You can get a wireless extender to boost your signal. Connect the extender to your current wifi network as per the instructions that come with the extender. Then, in your Roku setup menu, go to network settings, and you'll see your wireless extender in your list of available networks. Connect to that one, it will say NETGEAR. Click here for the extender.

The extender will go half way between Roku and your current wireless router. Just plug it in, and set it up as per the instructions.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.