Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We are trying to set up our new Roku. Typed in the correct…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to set up our new Roku. Typed in the correct username and password, but got the message that it couldn't connect.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

"Can't connect to your wireless network. Is your password ***** correctly? Does your router block unknown MAC addresses (what is a MAC address?)

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Where are you entering your user name? There's something wrong...

When you connect to a wireless network on Roku, you'll scan for available wireless networks. You select your network, and enter your password ***** It shouldn't ask for a user name.

Do a search, and connect to the network that you recognize. It will be the same one you use to connect any other device, such as a phone, computer or tablet.

OK, thanks. Yes, you are correct, I selected the wireless network and entered the password.

Ok, the password ***** ***** sensitive, so be sure to pay attention to capital letters. Are you also sure you chose the correct network?

The wireless network is the same one my laptop is connected to now, password ***** *****
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router?

Please let me know