Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My remote has never worked right. i have replaced batteries…

Customer Question
My remote has never...

My remote has never worked right. i have replaced batteries numerous times and it still does not work correctly, how can i get a new remote

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Its a roku and about 1/2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Every thing i can think of. i have cleaned the posts for the batteries and as i said ,have replaced the batteries i have even tried lithium batteries. it works to select a channel or app, the it quits

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 18 days ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick in question?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
It's a stick. But the problem is with the remote for it

- Does the remote drain out the batteries quickly such as in a day or two?

- OR when you select a channel on Roku screen, it gets stuck?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
it only lasts as long as you keep scanning if you stop and watch something for a few minutes its dead if you try to change programs or channels, but if you switch the batteries around it will work as long as you don't stop
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
no i do not want to pay 26.00 to talk to someone. just tell me how to get another remote. if i have to keep paying i may as well buy another roku or go back to cable. refund my $5.00 and cancel
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
CANCELCANCEL CANCEL

OK, contact customer service to cancel the question

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Louie, Technician