Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My remote has never worked right. i have replaced batteries…

Customer Question
My remote has never...

My remote has never worked right. i have replaced batteries numerous times and it still does not work correctly, how can i get a new remote

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Its a roku and about 1/2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Every thing i can think of. i have cleaned the posts for the batteries and as i said ,have replaced the batteries i have even tried lithium batteries. it works to select a channel or app, the it quits

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick in question?

It's a stick. But the problem is with the remote for it

- Does the remote drain out the batteries quickly such as in a day or two?

- OR when you select a channel on Roku screen, it gets stuck?

it only lasts as long as you keep scanning if you stop and watch something for a few minutes its dead if you try to change programs or channels, but if you switch the batteries around it will work as long as you don't stop
no i do not want to pay 26.00 to talk to someone. just tell me how to get another remote. if i have to keep paying i may as well buy another roku or go back to cable. refund my $5.00 and cancel
CANCELCANCEL CANCEL

OK, contact customer service to cancel the question

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help